Design and Communications Graphics (DCG) is the follow on to JC Technical Graphics. The subject replaced Technical Drawing in 2008 and is a really exciting subject which offers students a very new and exciting approach to geometry and computer aided design. The course covers topics such as design, sketching and extensive use of IT equipment.
Solidworks is the 3D software package used in the DCG room. A brilliant package which allows students to model everyday objects.
Below is a list of some links that students may find useful:
- Descriptive Geometry website – Website that teaches about Solids In Contact, Planes in Space and Oblique Planes
- www.t4.ie – Get resources and up to date information on the new course
- www.howstuffworks.com – Useful website that shows how most things work. May be useful for solidworks assignment
- www.examinations.ie – Download past exam papers and solutions
- www.practicalstudent.com – Solidworks models of questions and solutions.
- Isometric and Axonometric
- Descriptive Geometry Workbook
- Guide to DCG Student Assignment
- Student Assignment Checklist